Sunday, November 23, 2008

I am grateful for the scriptures

During my teenage years, my best friend and I used to wish for a book that would just tell us what choices to make, what our life would hold for us... We just wanted something to lay it all out there for us. Well, that never happened. I am sure it was because the answers we wanted were who to go on a date with Friday night or what dress to wear to the prom. (not to discount the importance of those things at that time...)


Well, I love that I have found that book now. When you want to talk to God, pray. When you want God to talk to you, read the scriptures. It is amazing to me that I can open the scriptures and the answers I am seeking are in plain writing; As if it was written just for me. And to think, sometimes I think I have all the answers myself and don't think to ask, or I ask, but don't look for the answer. I am grateful to those who came before me and left these beautiful books.

0 comments: