Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Being Grateful

I saw a thing on Brit's blog about how she will blog each day about what she is grateful for. So, I thought I might try it out. Thanks for the idea.


I am grateful for creativity.
I have been thinking today about how the new slow of the economy is causing my family to be creative. I have to get creative with my menus. I have learned that you can actually make crescent rolls! You can make tortillas, pasta... the list goes on. Those are things that cost only a dollar or two, but it is what else I put in the cart while I am at the store. I often think about Adam's mom when I am creating in the kitchen. Adam talks a lot about how his mom could put anything in what she was making and it always tasted great.
Adam and I haven't been going on the dinner and movie dates, so we met for lunch today. I loved it! We have decided that we will make it a goal to meet for lunch once a week. I am so excited!
Ellee has been so spoiled in her short 6 years. We love to go to dinner, museums, movies... Things have changed there too. She is spending more time playing with her toys and imagining every thing possible; and loving it.
Isaac loves Little Einsteins, the TV show. This is his rocket. Doesn't look at all like the shiny red rocket that the little einsteins explore in, but it is everything that he needs it to be.

I think of days past; pioneers, the great depression - and know that they were creative in all things. They had to be. I am thankful they were guided to creativity and that I can also be guided to provide what my family needs.

Please don't feel the need to send donations :) We are just trying to be prepared for what may come by adjusting our way of living.

0 comments: