Thursday, September 18, 2008

Empowered!

I am so lucky to know the women I know! Everywhere I look, I think..."she is so patient with her kids" or "she can really cook" or "she keeps her family so healthy" "she is so organized" "her house is always so clean" "she is such a natural leader" The list goes on and on... I have so many amazing women around me (some that live close and some that live far) that I can learn so much from. The last couple of weeks have been so inspring to me. This summer I had a pretend garden (a salsa garden in pots.) And now fall is coming, so I have started to bake again. YEAH! I love to bake! It was so fabulous when I made myself a sandwich on my homemade bread and used a tomato that I grew. I think I had that first feeling of self reliance, or really the desire to increase the skill. :) Now I have the bug to learn more and more how to care for my family, even in an emergency or tough times. Last night, I even learned to bottle!!! It was really fun. Our relief society presidency is so brave. They opened their kitchens and abandoned their families to teach us how to bottle tomatoes and peaches. I know, I know... you can find them cheaper on sale, but there is something really gratifying about homemade. And home grown. It is so empowering!

Next year I am going to grow a real garden and hopefully have lots to bottle!

Happy Harvesting!

1 comments:

Britany said...

Way to go! You have always been an amazing homemaker!