Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Random stuff

It has been such a terrific weekend. I always love conference. It is amazing to hear the General Authorities of the church speak to us. There are a few quotes that are still rolling around in my mind. Here are some of them:

Faith is not only a feeling, it is a decision
Fear and Faith cannot coexist in our hearts at the same time
Come what may, and love it
The simple secret is this; Put your trust in the Lord
The Lord has said he will fight our battles, our children's battles, our children's children's battles
Life is hard, not the gospel
In the strength of the Lord, I can do all things
Find joy in the journey, Now
The tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid, and deeds left undone


A weekend in our world. This is snack time at our house. Yes, it is usually a huge mess.

I gave Ellee another haircut this weekend. She loves it short and Adam and I think it is quite cute too! (not to mention so much easier than when it's long) I should mention that Adam likes it long because she looks littler.

We made some amazing cinnamon rolls for Grandma Bonnie for her birthday; you know, the kind with caramel at the bottom... They were just perfect and needed to brown just a little on top, so I turned the oven off (I thought) and left them to brown a bit. I went up to get ready to go, and this is what I found. It took 2 days of soaking to get them out of the pan. :(
While at the party, Isaac fell down the stairs and got some road rash and a pretty good knot on his forehead.

Monday night, we went to my good friend Becky's house to roam around her AMAZING garden. She sent us home with tons of pumpkins and corn stalks. I will post another picture when I get things all put together. Her garden is something to admire. She has so many hours in it and we get the benefits! Thanks Bec

I guess all of these things just wore Isaac right out! I found him like this today, after I got ready... I was just hoping he didn't tumble down while I ran for my camera. Now you all know why I spend so many days without make-up and fancy hair. Bad things happen when I get ready!

2 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Cuteness!! This is the best picture of Isaac. I pictured him with his head on the stairs. This is better then what I pictured!!